Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Book Review: Breath of an Angel by Karyn Henley


Melaia was just an innocent bystander. A priestess. She didn’t purposely become the witness to a murder. Even though blameless, Melaia still has watched a supernatural death occur. The stranger who was murdered, unbelievably has wings. Not to mention the murderer has  the shape of both a hawk and a man. She never believed the myths about “angels” and “shapeshifters.” But that has all changed. Caught unexpectedly in a war of paranormal proportions, Melaia has to go under the protection of a small band of angels. The few angels that are trying to repair the broken stairway to heaven.  They cannot complete it, however, without changing Melaia’s destiny.
Overall, I thought this book was OK, not really the greatest, but not really the worst either.  I found the beginning to be really slow, as well as extremely confusing.  I had to really focus, and also I had to re-read a few sections of the literature. It was hard to make sense of the names and places. That said, after I finished it, I was fairly interested in the next book. My curiosity was most definitely piqued. Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who is OK if the beginning of a book is slow. I would give this book 3 out of 5 stars


This book was given to me from Waterbrook in exchange for this review.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this book and wondered about it. Thanks for your thoughts and the review. :O)

    ReplyDelete